Located in Cyrodiil, north of the Imperial City, Bruma’s population are mostly Nords, although other races are also present. It is always relatively cold and snow-covered.
The settlement has likely been in existence since at least 1E 1167. The city’s population includes followers of the Divines as well as those who follow the traditional Nordic Pantheon. Bruma has a small sewer system which connects up with the natural caves that run beneath the town. This underground area was used by the Mythic Dawn during the Oblivion Crisis. The deeper levels of the sewers are home to trolls. The town’s many sights include the statue of the Champion of Cyrodiil located near the city’s north gate, which was erected after Battle of Bruma, one of the most epic conflicts of the Oblivion Crisis. Martin Septim himself rallied the city’s defenders and held back the tide of Daedra pouring out of the Great Gate which had opened nearby. Meanwhile, the Champion closed the Gate, becoming the Savior of Bruma. It also houses the Great Chapel of the youngest of the Nine Divines, Talos, which dominates the center of town. The Countess of Bruma is Narina Carvain, a Heartland Nibenean woman of noble descent.